Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dad's Famous Caramel Popcorn

As requested, here is my dad's caramel popcorn recipe that I made and took to the Castle season finale at the Lee's house last night. Not disappointed, my friends. In the popcorn OR Castle.

My dad used to make this recipe every couple of Sundays when I was growing up...we tried to watch a movie as a family as often as we could on Sunday nights. The recipe calls for about 3 quarts of popped popcorn. If I'm in a hurry, that is two bags of microwave popcorn. In I'm not in a hurry, it is about 3 batches of hand-popped popcorn from my dad's special popcorn pan.


Dad's Easy Caramel Popcorn

3 quarts popped popcorn
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar

Put the water, butter and brown sugar in a microwaveable bowl and cook on high for 6-7 minutes. Make sure it reaches and holds a rolling boil for a least one full minute. Give it a good stir. Let it cool for about 5 minutes and then pour over popcorn. Stir to coat every couple of minutes until popcorn is coated and caramel is cool.

And voila. Easy-peasy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is a wonderful post. (Sorry, facebook told me about it.) Caramel corn AND Castle & Beckett about to kiss in the SAME post?! Heaven! :)