Friday, December 9, 2011

JAG Spouses Cookie Swap

Yesterday I hosted the December JAG spouses group at my house...for a cookie swap! We ended up with 15 ladies and about 17 different types of cookies and candies (YUM!) and got lots of visiting in, coffee cake eaten, and drank lots of cranberry tea and eggnog punch.

As everyone started to get ready to go, a couple ladies and I started putting an assortment of cookies in these cute cake boxes I ordered online (this is also the site I buy my baker's twine from also). We tied them with red or green baker's twine and stuck on a Christmas sticker...I just used some of my Christmas stamps of sheets of adhesive paper and cut them out. So much cuter than taking a Tupperware bowl of cookies home. We made up a bunch of extra boxes and sent them back to base to pass the cookie love along. This was SO fun...I would do this again in a heartbeat.

Here is the divine recipe for the tea:

Hot Cranberry Tea

1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
2 quarts water
1/2 cup red hot candies
6 whole cloves
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 cups orange juice
1/2 cup lemon juice

Boil the cranberry juice, water, red hots, cloves and sugar. Add orange juice and lemon juice and refrigerate until ready to serve. I serve mine from my crock pot to keep it warm.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Love the boxes, great way to send home cookies. Hope you have had a good time with your mom. :)

Eloise said...

Love the boxes and the twine! And of course your stickers are darling too! What a blessing you are to your new base in Alabama!

Thank you for the beautiful card. xoxo