Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Patch & Josh Love

Today was awesome. I got to go to the pumpkin patch with Joshua's preschool class! We went on a hayride, picked out a pumpkin, went on bouncy slides (okay, I just watched...those things were TALL), played in hay and had a treat. Such a beautiful, perfect day...lots of sunshine and just cool enough for jackets. And it was fun, FUN to spend some time with Josh.
On our way up to the pumpkin patch, it was just Josh and I in the car. Out of the blue, he says, "I so love you, Mommy." (As an aside, I'm sure he does, but I think the excitement of going to the pumpkin patch probably had something to do with the outburst). I answered him back, like I always do,

Me: "I so love you, Josh."

Josh: "No, I love you more."

Me: "No, I love YOU more."

Josh: "Mommy, I love you to infinity and beyond."


That's what my dad would always say to us. Coming out of Josh's sweet little mouth, it was music to my ears. And I know a grandpa who must be whispering it in Josh's ear while he sleeps...

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Hello Amber! This is such a sweet post, and I am so glad you got some fun time with Josh! :)

I hope you have a great night, AND a lovely Tuesday! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

BeckyRuss said...

What a sweet boy Josh is! My heart completely melts when Tucks wraps his arms around me and tells me "I love you mom." Best feeling in the world!

La Mediatheque De Rousset said...

Appreciate yyou blogging this