Friday, December 31, 2010

Carb Loading

Tony took the two big kids to a basketball game (our brother-in-law coaches for Louisiana Tech and they are playing in Moscow, Idaho tonight) so it is just me and the little man. I'm doing some serious carb loading and major hydrating for a big challenge tomorrow that I have been training for for the last 10 weeks. Excited and a little nervous. More to come with pictures tomorrow. All I can say is it will be an awesome way to start 2011!

My friend Jeni came up with her word that encapsulates what her goal is for the New Year. I'm still thinking of mine. It has caused some major reflection on the past year. Some parts were terrific and some parts sucked pretty bad. But both ends of the spectrum have really helped me to learn to take a step back. To breathe. To calm myself. So I'm trying to come up with a word that fits. Me. And my plan for 2011.

Be safe and have fun tonight!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Amber~ How was your Christmas? I sure hope you and your family had a wonderful one! :) And I can't wait to see what you have been training for, and will say a prayer for you that all goes well! :)

I hope you have a wonderful New Year's!

Blessings,
Jenni

P.S. I am not blogging so much at Nest to Keep lately, but you can come visit me at Beautiful Nest, if you want. :)

Anonymous said...

Amber- Good luck, and don't get lost. . . :)

the mom