Friday, October 15, 2010

Sam's A Winner!

...but his mom might be a little bit of a loser.

A couple of weeks ago, Sam was sitting at the dining room table after school one night and I asked him what he was working on. He said he was doing his homework and I though it just looked like a lot of coloring, but hey, he was being quiet and happy so I let it go. Last week, he came home from school and said he had won a prize for Fire Prevention Month. I told him that was pretty cool and asked him what he had done to win, figuring he'd gotten his name pulled out of a hat. But, oh no, he said his DRAWING was selected as a winner from the entire 4th grade. I asked him if he had drawn it at school and he said no that he had done it for homework. Hence the lots of coloring on the dining room table. I mean I know I've been a little out of it lately, but how could I have not even looked at what he was drawing?? Dude, I must be a little more checked out than I think I am.

One of the perks of being selected a winner was to have his drawing put on display at the Base Exchange. So when the entire troop of McIllece boys we have at our house this weekend (more to come on that tomorrow) had to make a quick trip over to the BX, I had Tony take the camera and snap some pictures of the winning drawing and our proud boy.


So I could finally get a good look at the thing.

Sheesh.

4 comments:

Leenz said...

Nice job Sam!

Nicole said...

That's pretty awesome! Great job, Sam!!

Kathleen said...

way to go, sam! great drawing--of COURSE you won!

MooreInterest said...

I love it! What a little artist he is! It's always a good surprise for Mom too!!!