Monday, May 17, 2010

Patriotic Toes


I finally have my trusty SLR back today after its second two week stint in camera rehab since January. And I must admit that it is a pleasure to take photos again!!

And what better to take a photo of than the fun project that Anna and I did this afternoon! We bought a couple of pairs of white flip-flops (Old Navy has 'em for $1 off and on all summer) and then tied a bunch of red, white and blue ribbons all over the thong part of the sandal. Anna did one of hers all by herself and was so proud! We can't wait to wear them (with pride) on the 4th of July. And to the air show. And on Memorial Day...

I think these would be a darling idea for visiting teaching gifts for July...

Off to run, fold laundry and watch Castle...have a good evening!!

10 comments:

Army Wife Quilter said...

very cute toes. Emma and i painted our toes red today. love the shoes too.

Green Eyed Girl Crafts said...

They are tooo cute! What a great idea!

MooreInterest said...

I am laughing at Castle...I love that show!! I gotta run catch the last 10!! I am serious...if you are ever here visiting...we could get in so much trouble!

Scribbit said...

Oh those are cute Amber. Can you make me a pair? :)

And thanks for giving your mom that book, it was great.

Jeni said...

OMGosh, Madi and I are both looking. We just bought a pair of $1 aqua blue ones to add red ribbons to just yesterday...I am not kidding. You are Anna look like some die-hard Air Force chicks!

Kristi said...

Hey there!

Tried emailing but for some reason I kept getting it back.

We're moving this week to Otoe- a temporary stay while we build a house on an acreage north of Syracuse.

Hope all is well. Hopefully we'll get settled soon and we can actually talk.

Miss you TONS!!

Kyndra said...

Those are so cute and such a good idea for a mother daughter craft. I think I'll have Lexi makes some for her and her cousins she'll be with on the 4th. Thanks!

Rosanne said...

So fun! Another idea I MUST steal. Thanks!

Christina said...

now THAT is something even I can do! wohoo!

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

Thanks so much, this is such a great idea! I posted the ones I made with a link to your blog today. Thanks!
http://lifeofamodernmom.blogspot.com/2010/06/tip-tuesday-4th-of-july-flip-flops.html