Monday, January 26, 2009

Sam's Baptism

One of the main purposes of our trip to Utah was Sam's baptism. When we found out my parents would be in SLC for my dad to attend a dental course, we knew we had to make the trip. But there were so many bonuses...we got to see Grammy Joan's home remodel, I got to meet some blog friends, but most importantly, we got to see so much family (as well as meet our newest nieces and nephew)...to play games, watch American Idol, shop, recite The Office comebacks and reminisce. For those of you we missed, we'll be back in July as we make our way across the plains to our new home.

Sam's baptism day was perfect. About noon, the family (including my grandparents who made the trip from Boise) met at Joan's home to celebrate Sam with a yummy lunch. It was so great to see so many people who love and support Sam in the very important decision he made to be baptized. After lunch, we headed over to the stake center and took a few picture with the cutest 8-year-old around. I must say, Sam had a hand in every part of his baptism program...he made calls and personally invited all the family members to speak, pray and even asked his Aunt April to play the piano. Everybody did a wonderful job making it a day he is sure to remember.

As we were driving the last leg in our journey home yesterday, my mom called and told me that her favorite part of Sam's baptism was the huge smile he had on his face as Tony brought him out of the water...I didn't get to see that particular image because my eyes were filled with tears, but he radiated the entire afternoon. A smile we ALL love. Sam was also confirmed that day by my father, and as I took this picture of the amazing men in our family, I was so grateful to them for being such wonderful examples to Sam. There was so much love in the room.
Thank you to all who made Sam's day so special. Thanks to those who traveled so far to be with us. We love you and can't wait to see you again soon.

14 comments:

Our Complete Family said...

Congrats Sam on your big day! What a wonderful blessing to be surrounded by so many loving family and friends for this big step in his life!
The photos are great...his smile is huge!
Many hugs, Les

Montay said...

Congrats Sam!!

embeins said...

It was so good to see you guys! It was a fun day!

Anonymous said...

A special day for your family! I really do appreciate you writing me back and answering my previous question, and I promise I will reply sooner than later on e-mail. . . I've been a little ragged to say the least lately. Now I have other questions, so soon . . . :) Have a great week.
Courtney

Jeni said...

What a day....sounds like it was perfect. Congratulations to the big guy.

Walker said...

Amber, that is such a sweet post. It had me a little teary eyed thinking of my little boys as well. I am so happy you were able to spend time with those you love, it makes life wonderful! Glad you made it home safe!

Wendy P said...

Congratulations Sam! What a great experience.

And this moving across the plains to a new home, are you moving again?

Heather said...

Congratulations Sam! What a great blessing to have so many family members in attendance.

Cara said...

What a perfect day! I'm glad you were able to be with so much family. What a great memory that will be for Sam. :)

April said...

It was so fun to see you guys while you were here. Thanks so much for making me bust out my dusty piano skillz too!

We love you guys! Watch the mail...

Sonja said...

What a wonderful day! One I'm sure Sam will remember forever.

The Brough Family said...

Looks like a wonderful day. It has been fun to hear Sam's analysis of the whole thing in the car on the way to school. He is most thrilled with his scriptures. TWO different books, one big and one little, we got all the details and loved it!! Congrats to Sam! (so glad you're back... we need to plan a day to catch up, I miss you!)

Rosanne said...

Is he really 8 already!! Wow! Congrats, Sam, on a very special day. You too mama and dad, Josh and Anna. What a wonderful example Sam is for his brother and sister! I love how he took so much responsibility in the planning as well. That's awesome!

Martie said...

Congratulations to Sam! He is GLOWING! I am so happy for him.

Martie
mom to 9