Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breaking Dawn

So I know I'm supposed to be on vacation. Along with relaxing, napping, catching up, that usually signifies extra time surrounded by those you love, playing games, watching movies.

For the last few days, okay really only since Saturday, I have been a horrible house guest. Not to mention a terrible mother. I've been busy. Filling my mind with vampiric nonsense. And loving every minute of it. But I finished Breaking Dawn this morning. And now our vacation is BACK ON, BABY!

Just an example of my mind frame on Saturday afternoon when we got home from the store with my very own copy of the new book. I cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and start to read while my kids play on the dining room table and my mom is bustling about the kitchen. Sam kept coming up to me and wanting to ask me questions and show me things. I turned to him after the third attempt or so and actually said to my dear, sweet child, "Sam. Mommy is reading a very important book about vampires. You need to leave her alone for a little while." I think I actually heard my mom snort from the kitchen. Okay, it sounded pretty stupid when you say it out loud like that.

If you are a member of Good Reads, double click on the Breaking Dawn book cover on my read shelf to the right and it will take you to my very general comments about the book (no spoilers). Can't wait to hear what you thought about it.

10 comments:

Walker said...

You are so funny because I blogged about the same exact thing! It has been hard to get through trying to be a mommy too! I have been such a bad mom right now. Not quite finished yet, but we will have to talk about it!

Nicole said...

I have my book and I'm all ready to get reading. I'm just waiting for the perfect opportunity to sit down, relax and read it. I don't think thats gonna happen though so maybe I should just get started :)
I think mom's all over america are neglecting there children and hubby's because of this book, it's just so darn good.

Holly Ogden said...

I cannot wait to read this book! I am currently reading a few others and I am making myself finish those before I start this one...but I am very anxious to get my hands on it.

Eloise said...

I was not even familiar with this series until this latest book came out, but now it's everywhere and so many people are blogging and talking about it! I may have to check out book one. I would hate to miss a great read!

Have a great vacation.

Sonja said...

Oh yeah. That's good.

I think my husband said something similar to my kids when they asked why I was upstairs locked in my room. "Very important book about vampires"--Was probably in there somewhere. :)

So, yes, I'm done too. I'm going to check out your thoughts. I think I'm going to let it settle in a bit before I write my review. It was a lot to take in, in just 24 hours. (Yes, I neglected my family ALL day and my husband ALL night) But, I have to say I was satisfied with the end.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation! Thanks for all your kind comments! :)

Anonymous said...

I've got 200 pages left!! I have to say this one is so different from the other 3. I'm off to go read....

Cammy Aller said...

Im still reading New Moon but I already cant wait to read Breaking Dawn! Im so excited.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo close to finishing! I have to say I agree, this is a much different book than the other three. Bella is much more likable to me in this one!
Enjoy your wonderful vacation. Tell your parents hi.
Chery

V and Co. said...

yeah i think it needed a little more umph in the end...i mean it lead up to all these things and then...nothing...but i still loved it.

Bonnie B. said...

I loved it. I'm also one that can usually figure out the end before I get there. But this one had a few twists that blew me away! I totally agreed with our comments on Good Reads.