Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Tony!

Twelve years ago today, I married my sweetheart in the Salt Lake Temple.


And it's been one heck of a thrill ride ever since. So today, in honor of twelve wonderful years with the man of my dreams, here are twelve reasons I think Tony is pretty great. By no means is this an exhaustive list...I'm sure you have other blogs to browse today...

1. He encourages my independence. He has always seen me as an individual person as well as his wife and partner.

2. Tony loves my cooking. He never complains about anything I cook and so we've had to adopt a 1 to 10 rating scale for new recipes so I can figure out whether I should bother to make it again. And the guy LOVES taking leftovers for lunch.

3. Despite challenges, together we have managed to bring three little miracles into our family. I still have trouble believing that God trusts us enough to give us these little ones to raise. Tony is a very hands-on dad and despite all the time I spend with the kids, he is still their favorite parent.



4. Tony has always supported our family so that I could stay home with the kids. There was never another option in his mind.

5. Whenever Tony sees a news alert about a shark attack, he emails it to me. I think he's just trying to assure me that my irrational fear of being eaten by a shark is well-founded.

6. He lets me drive the nice car while he gets the hand-me-down...even if it means driving around in a 14-year-old purple Civic. Excuse me, PLUM Civic.

7. He lets me obsess about Rob Thomas without too much flack.

8. Tony is constantly reminding me that he fully intends for me to get my master's degree when all the kids are in school all day. And he assures me that art history is a VERY worthy career path.

9. He's hot.

10. We have the same dreams for our future.

11. He is the most kind, honest, honorable and righteous man I know. Period.

12. He lets me beat him in Jeopardy.


I love you, Tony. Here's to the next twelve years...and many more.

20 comments:

April said...

Happy Anniversary! I LOVE that picture of Tony on the sofa with you in a hat. The look on his face is totally like, "yeah, this is me and my women." I hope you guys have infinity more together.

P.S. That's my shirt in the last picture, your lucky you asked me if you could wear it! :) LOVE YOU!

Holly Ogden said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great day.

Kristi said...

Awww, I don't know why I forgot your anniversary is just the day after mine. Are you guys doing anything special? Hope you guys have a wonderful day!

zakkalife said...

Congrats to twelve years!

What a sweet post.

Montserrat said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You two make an adorable couple.
LOVE the pictures.
Chery

Shawna B. said...

Happy Anniversary, Friends!!! Amber, it's so fun thinking back on our BYU days and us planning our weddings at the same time. Do you remember your very timely phone call right before my honeymoon? :) Do you remember watching our rings sparkle in the bright lights of the Marriot Center? Such fun memories! You are a wonderful couple - so perfectly matched. Hope you enjoy your special day!

Albanie said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys have a great day together! I'm sure he thinks you are pretty hot too! :)

Camie said...

What a worthy Post. Happy ANniversary to the both of you. Twelve years is quite an accomplishment!

Tonia said...

Hope you guys have an amazing day! Happy Anniversary!

Bonnie B. said...

fabulous post! you have an adorable little family. Happy Aniversary to you and your man!

Ice Cream said...

Happy Anniversary! You tw oare so cute together, and your kids are darling! Sounds like you picked a good one.

Kathleen said...

happy anniversary!!! twelve years? by your post i'd have thought you were still newleyweds!! (except for the three kids part and all :-).) i loved seeing your pictures too! your wedding picture is just darling!

Anonymous said...

Amber and Tony,

Happy, Happy Anniversary. We love you lots!

the mom and the dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Amber and Tony! Loved your 12 things - it's so important to give strength and love to our relationships. Loved the "old" pictures too - Joel and I have great photos together all the way back to high school, including PROM! Though at that time I never thought I'd now be Mrs. Everard! :)
Enjoy your weekend celebrating marriage!
Courtney

condiefamily said...

I can feel the love from here! Happy anniversary. I love you both.

Heather D. White said...

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! What a cute couple!!!!!! ;-)

Leenz said...

Congratulations on the twelve years!

The Reeses said...

I agree--you've got a pretty great guy! One of my very best friends from before I can even remember. Even so, he still married WAY above himself! :)
Carlan

The Toronto Family said...

I know this is a bit late but Happy Anniversary. And thanks for the great idea of scale food rating! I started doing this with Will and it has been great for me! have a great day!