Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Winter Concert

The First Grade's Winter Concert was tonight. Despite the complete lack of any actual CHRISTmas songs, I was actually pretty impressed. It was too late for Josh, so Megan and I took Sam while Tony stayed home with the little ones. I don't get much alone time with my Sam. Usually, when the division between parents is made, I get the baby and Anna, and Tony takes his "little buddy." So I waxed a little nostalgic tonight. My Sam. Can't believe that it was 7 years ago that I was anticipating the birth of this wonderful little person. He is loving. He is creative. He is tender. All the very sweetest parts of Tony and I ended up in this little guy. And, no matter how the years may change us both, he will always be my Sam.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Great picture of you two, Amber!! Today was so much fun!!! Wish we could do that more often!!

Rosanne said...

Gheese - you made me tear up. I'm glad you had your time with Sam - that is so sweet!

BTW, I used your candy cane idea ("Candy Cane is a wonderful Christian symbol...") in my most recent Relief Society Lesson: Shepherds of the Flock. It was perfect! Except I used real candy canes. :) Thanks again for the idea! Oh, and I gave you credit...everyone just smiled and was glad to hear your name. :)

Miss you!