Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Bit of Innocence Lost

It seems a little trite now to be looking over my decorated home and long Christmas "to-do" list when we were touched by real tragedy today. Although the Westroads Mall is on the other side of Omaha, we can't help but be a little shaken. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families impacted by this tragedy and hurt for them knowing that every Christmas season from here until forever will be marred by memories of December 5th. Makes us want to hold our children a little longer and a little tighter. A bit of our innocence was lost today in Omaha.

MSNBC news story

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart stopped when I saw it come on the news! I instantly thought of you and prayed you weren't out there do a little Christmas shopping. Glad to know you are all safe.

Jeni

Cherie said...

I am glad that you are all ok! Such a sad day for all involved.

Shawna B. said...

Amber, this is heartbreaking. I am so thankful you are yours and safe. Such a senseless tragedy at any time, but to me, it seems even more sad because of the holiday season. You are right, a bit of innocence was most definitely lost.