Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Turkey Spinach Toss

A great recipe I found in October's issue of BH&G. Fast to make and PERFECT for the cooling weather! Let me know what you think...it scored HUGE at my house.


Turkey Spinach Toss

2 8-ounce turkey breasts
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. butter
2 ounces thinly sliced deli ham,
cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup orange juice
2 9 to 10-ounce packages fresh spinach
1 orange, cut in wedges

Season turkey with pepper. In very large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; add turkey. Cook 12 minutes or until no longer pink; turn once. Remove turkey from skillet. Slice into strips and cover to keep warm. Add ham to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute or until heated and starting to crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove from skillet. Add orange juice to skillet and bring to a boil. Add spinach, half at a time, to skillet and cook for 1 minute or until just wilted. Add orange wedges with second batch of spinach. Using tongs, remove spinach from skillet; divide among plates. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with turkey and ham. Drizzle with remaining juices from skillet.
EXCELLENT!

2 comments:

Shawna B. said...

Yum! Sounds delicious! Must give it a go ... my boys aren't big on spinach, but maybe they'll go for this. :)

I loved your post about sweet Joshua. He is blessed to have YOU as his mother. What a darling boy - I can see why you are all so crazy about him!

I LOVE how Anna and Sam hold hands ... such a special bond. There is nothing sweeter than seeing siblings who really like each other!

April said...

Ambs--

I'm glad you liked my reading idea! You can add a link to my blog too if you want, that would be fun, huh? Loves!