Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday Randomness

After almost 2 weeks of cool and rainy weather, Mother Nature blessed us with a killer day today...sunshine and warmer temperatures! We used the reprieve to do some work around the house in preparation for the contractors who should start work on our downstairs bedroom and bathroom on Monday. Tony is digging the hole for the egress window himself and is making our garden plot bigger for next spring.


I finally took some time today and put up my newest treasure...the coolest antique wire basket I found at "Weathered & Worn" filled with some of my favorite things. I loved the shape of the the basket...it reminded me of an old Gothic cathedral window with all the stained glass broken out.


The kids were so excited to get to play outside today in the "jacket-weather." In fact, they insisted they eat their dinner outside in their fort. So cute.

And Megan was here this weekend, so of course, we had to try out a new recipe. Yum. Just another random Saturday at our house.


Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cheesecake

20 Oreos, crushed
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
4 pkgs. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
6 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate,
melted and cooled

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 9"x13" pan with foil, extending it over the edges. Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each on low speed just until blended. Remove 1 cup of batter and set it aside. Stir melted baking chocolate into remaining batter and pour over crust. Top with spoonfuls of the remaining 1 cup batter and cut through with knife for swirling effect. Bake 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

4 comments:

April said...

You guys have all the fun! I wish I was there with you! :(

Anonymous said...

Me, too! :(

Leenz said...

Holy cream cheese, batman! 4 packages, I can almost hear my heart stopping. Now whether it's from the fat content or because I read the words "Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cheesecake"-- you be the judge.

Kristi said...

Yikes, how did I miss this one? That basket is just gorgeous! Can't wait to go to that store with you!!