Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cookie Cutter Treats


I'm so proud to say that I am related to Scribbit...and she has started her Winter Bazaar this month. It is a forum for sharing ideas during the winter months and the theme for October is Halloween, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring this week.


As the daughter of a dentist, I'm constantly on the lookout for alternatives to the candy (or toothbrush) hand-out at Halloween. So, to my delight, I found this great idea in the October 2007 issue of Paper Crafts and tweaked it to my style and practicality. I found the bags of Halloween cookie cutters in the $1 Spot at my local Target and then made a tag to tie to each that has a homemade play-dough recipe on one side and a sugar cookie recipe on the reverse. I think they turned out pretty cute!

12 comments:

April said...

I'm voting for you for sure! :) I think that is such a cute idea! I'm going to have to remember that if we ever live somewhere that we get trick-or-treaters! Love you!

Sonja said...

Wonderful! I love it! I'm not crazy about all the sugar this time of year, and as a mother of four, I'm looking for alternatives too. This is a fantastic idea. Thank you for sharing!

Kristi said...

These turned out darling! I especially love that coffin cookie cutter!

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

These are a great idea, good party favors, too! Don't you just love black gingham ribbon? It's one of my favorites.

SusieQ said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing.

Chris said...

Very well done!

M said...

I too am the daughter of a dentists- so this sounds great! we also make salt dough ornaments for X-mas so giving the recipe out is a great idea!

Amy W said...

WOW, what a great idea! Unfortunately we get a ton of kids through in my neighborhood, but I could do this for a few of them...

Scribbit said...

They turned out so cute, I'll have to come trick-or-treating at your place!

Montserrat said...

Fantastic idea! Love the sugar free alternative.

Anonymous said...

Way too cute! I want to come to your house to get one.

Love,
Jeni

M said...

Very cute idea! My husband is a dentist (went to UNL, actually) and we usually give out toothbrushes from our office and play-doh, but this is another good one for the archives.

Thanks!